Crazy Driver Attacked Me!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by IrishO'Brady, Sep 26, 2006.

1. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Guys I just had to share a story with you all :
    I was on my way home from my job in Atlanta, and as usual the traffic was insane. All of the sudden a blue Honda cuts me off and gets right on the bumper of a white work truck that was in front of me. I immediately slowed down, as I was used to being cut off by crazies. Apparently the man driving the white truck was not so easygoing- he slammed his brakes and began flipping birds and waving his fist out the window. When the blue Honda procceeded to get around the man, he ran the car into the concrete wall in the median, pulled into the emergency lane, and jumped out of his truck. He was a big man, about 6'3 and 250 lb, with a shaved head and a go-tee. At this point traffic is bottlenecking as everyone is coming to a hault to watch the scene.I noticed the man jumping out of the truck had a large crescent wrench in his hand, and when he tried to get in the Honda's locked door unsuccesfully, he began beating on the window with the wrench. All around me were people gawking, but nobody was doing anything. Now I work in the security field, so I knew I might be better equipped to deal with it than Joe Schmo. I stepped out of my truck and as I approached the man I said " Dude, what are you doing? This is a crime and I'm gonna call the cops if you don't quit(minus a few bad words)". No sooner did I say the sentence than the man drilled me square in the mouth... hard. I tucked my fingers up and hit the man in the throat. His face turned purple and he began to violently cough and hit the ground rolling around and wheezing. I was pouring blood all over my expensive uniform and three of my teeth were loose. I proceeded to check on the person who was in the Honda... which happened to be a 23 yr old girl crying histarically and was on the phone with the police. I talked her into calming down... meanwhile the man took off. The police showed up about ten minutes later and said they caught him 3 exits up, and he is facing 5 or more felony charges.

The world is going crazy....

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Bless you for doing something besides sitting there gawking along with the rest of the rubberneckers.

I know most people are afraid to try and help anymore due to all the lunatics and hot heads out there now. Can't really blame them. People have been shot due to road rage.

Its sad that human morality is getting so low anymore.

Thanks for helping out in this situation.

3. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    Way to step up man. Not to many people would have done what you did .I bet your a hero to that girl.I hope you are OK

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Irish

If you are talking about 285 or close by those people are nuts big time.

:sure:

5. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Glad you didn't get hard too bad. That reminds me of the time my sister-in-law(a young teacher) was headed to work and a truck came around her and cut off another truck in front. Then they tried to run each other off the road, and the next thing she knew one of the drivers started shooting at the other and blew the back window out. She called the police immediately and went to the sheriff's office to talk to them in person. She was too afraid of stopping and waiting for the police in case the nut jobs came back. I have a little case of road rage at times, but some people just take it too far.
    Having 3 teeth knocked loose is bad, but I'm really glad you're here to tell the story.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am also glad that everyone survived the dangerous driving of the poor "Damsel in distress".The next time she drives like that she may kill herself or someone else before she has time to offend another nut that is as dangerous as she is.The nut was a danger to her and anyone who came to her rescue.She was a danger to every man,woman and child on the highway.Who is most likely to kill and maim more in the long run?The reasoning behind this thinking was a defensive driving course taught by State Patrolmen who get to see it all and my personal experance.With both off of the road your drive would be much safer.She will return and most likely keep trying until she succeeds in destroying some ones life.At least he should be off for a while. peewee-williams

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    man thats intense. im glad you did that though. you got that guy caught!

8. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Yeah everyone at home gave me lectures on how I couldve been shot... Which I deal with criminals for a living so that aspect never takes me by surprise. And Pee-Wee I couldnt agree more. She probly put my life in more danger by cutting me off than he did by punching me in the mouth. I'd have said something to her but she was balling like a baby and probably pee'd her pants, so it obviously wasn't a good time lol

And this was where 285 and 75 merge- Its like a lunatic convention

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    You did the right thing brother that nut would have killed here and those people would have stood by and done nothing thats the sad part of this where was the police people just standing by SAD:shame:

10. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Wow.

Well I commend you on your helping the girl even though she made the first mistake.

It is folks like you... folks who remember that everyone out there is someone else's son or daughter... that make me proud to live where I do in the time that we live in. Sorry about your chicklets getting knocked loose... but hey- you still did the right thing brother.

:cool2:

11. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Sal as Im reading the thread and thinking back on the events of that day I saw your quote- and it has really gotten me to thinkin
    ( not my absolute strongest suite Ill admit:tounge_out: )

Have you all seen the insurance companies commercial that starts with one small favor and it continues through the entire day of people helping each other?
    Point being it's an advertisement I know... but these days people need signs that there is lot of good left in people, because when I have days like the one in which I was punched in the face for trying to be a good person and do the right thing, I really go home and wonder...
    I also look forwarding to reading all the insight from the threads you all post, and it reminds of a comfortable congregation of honest and good people. It is really an ugly world out there, and I want to say thankyou to all of you for providing me with such a releif here amongst the digital halls of The BOC
    Your Friend-
    Chris

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for doing what you did.The young lady was the one who made the mistake but we all mess up and there was no call for that man to act that way.Thank God he didn't shoot you,and Thank God you were there,He probably would have killed her had you not been there!:big_smile:

13. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i have heard so many people talk about that they saw something on the side of the road going on like a fight or a highway patrol fighting with someone and they all say that they arnt gonna stop cause it doesnt effect them which is totally wrong because they would want someone to stop and help if it was them. ive always said that if i saw something like that i would stop because as you are i am also in the security field. i just think this nation has become selfish and non caring about their fellow americans.

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Hokey smokes! You could have been seriously injured Brother! I'm glad the guy got what was coming to him but must becareful hitting anyone in the throat cause it couldkill someone very easily! Well I'm glad you did what a good sameritan should. How are those teeth anyways? Still loose? Shouls make the S.O.B. pay for the dental work also! LOL Your a braver man than I! Reps for taking one for the team (good guys)! ROFLMAO!

15. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    god bless ya for steppin in.... been there in that area many times its crazy and everyone needs to take it easy not be in a hurry... it never gets u anywhere but frustrated and then tempers flare! Again good job!! and hope ur injuries heal up good!

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Glad to see you steped in to help out another human. Alot of people don't anymore. That nut could of killed her! Very glad you are ok!
    You did good!:big_smile:
    Bill