Crazy, crazy

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Sep 6, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    For those of yall that know me, know I fish 3 to 4 days a week on average. I am going to start this with I went out yesterday morning and when I put my boat up it had 3/4 a tank of gas in it. So I head out again this morning, put the boat in the water, catch my bait, and am on my way. I look down at my fuel gauge and it is showing dead empty. I have a wire that goes to my fuel gauge that accidently gets knocked off now and then. It is still dark so I figure I will fix the wire when it is daylight. I keep heading to the first spot I want to fish, about a mile and a half from the boat ramp the motor dies, out of gas. I use the trolling motor to get me back to the ramp, load the boat up and head to the gas station. I started filling the boat and just kept filling. By this time I am spitting mad, the sun is coming up and I am missing out on some prime fishing. But I am so mad that I needed to go home. When I get home I wake my oldest son up, he is 18 and was still awake at 4am when I went out to fish, to ask him what happened to my gas in the boat. He starts to deny it at first but finally comes clean, he was broke so he siphoned the gas out of my boat so he and his buddies could run around last night. He is very lucky I didn't whoop him like a grown man at that point, but he knows that anything like this ever happens again he will get whooped like a grown man. He also has tons and tons of farm work to do for thew next week, I didn't know what else to do he is 18 and going in the Air Force November 15th. Kids what would we do without them. Just thought I would share this fine story as this is the first time this has ever happened to me. I am still pretty mad about it, guess I will just go fishing to get glad LOL.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    come on gary, we were all young and dumb once :eek:oooh: :tounge_out: :wink: :roll_eyes:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Does he have any money or somethin of value? If so it would now be mine. :wink:

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kids, gotta luv 'em. At least he kept it in the family and that's better than someone sneaking over the fence.:eek:oooh: I think of all the times my dad had reason to whomp my butt and me to bust my kids, then I think that their kids are coming along now and it's going to be payback time soon:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and I don't think you'll have that particular problem again!!!:wink:

5. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I know Billy, but he would have been a whole lot better off telling me instead letting me get stranded. If that wire had never been knocked off before I wouldnt have left the ramp, but I figured I still had 3/4 of a tank so no big deal. I guess I should have known, he had a strange look on his face at 4am when I told him I was going fishing. Im sure if it ever happens again he will tell me about it so I don't wring his neck:smile2::smile2::smile2:. By the way my wife has been laughing at me all day long about this:cool2:.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    yea, i'll bet she got a big kick outa that one. since it didn't happen to her. woulda been a whole nother story if it had though. probably been visiting the boy in the hospital. :crazy:

7. djwjtruckin

djwjtruckin New Member

State:
    W. Tawakoni, TX
    Now this is why I love my jon boat more and more:wink: I am still just a trollin around:big_smile: Please dont unplug the battery charger:angry: Hope you get back out and have some fun soon!!

8. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wow man, sorry that happened, but like the other fellas said, kids will be kids. And remember, he will be a father someday, and something like that will happen to him. Just rub it in his face when it does, lol. When i would get in trouble as a yungster, my dad would make me mow the grass. Our grass never grew much, id end up mowing it 2-3 times a week...

Maybe that was payback for you not taking him fishing with you? LOL

9. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I remeber stiealing gas out of my grandpas lawnmowers to put in my motor cycle.

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    wait until he tops off his tank and your on empy in the boat and....yeah you get the picture./...ya know..that abttery on his vehicle would make a great trolling motor back upbabttery..ya know just in case you run out of his gas :wink:

11. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I have 3 teenagers that know that they don't touch Daddy's boat. If you need gas, just ask. :angry:

12. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I know the feeling one of my sons pulls crap like that all the time, do what you need to do but the air force will teach him the bigest lesson.
    By the way Cathog go into AR. forum and look at puppypal pictures we went back to WDM this past weekend to catch some more bait the skips was there big time we cought 135 in about 4 hours had a great time!!!:smile2::cool2::wink:

13. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    Thats a good one Gary. I used to steal gas out of my dads tractor for my 4 wheeler when I was a kid and now my oldest son is doing it to me for his gocart.:embarassed: