crawfish

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by kwink, Sep 3, 2008.

1. kwink

kwink New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I know this is a catfishing site but does anyone know where a man could catch some crawfish for eating around russellville:big_smile:

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Kyle, I do not know of any place around here but back in Louisiana I could get you a bunch.

3. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I don't know of any place around here in Central Arkansas where you could catch them...might be some places in the Delta region, though.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Kyle, I'd check out some of the muddy feeder ditches that always have water in them. I don't know where any are right around Russellville, but there's one just outside Atkins as you go toward Lake Atkins and Lucky Landing. I guess it's still there; this is old information from when we lived in Atkins. But I once saw half a washtub of crawfish taken from that ditch by several kids fooling around.

5. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Got plenty of them crawfish here in Harrison at Crooked creek and the Buffalo River. You just gotta find a creek or small river there in Dardenelle.

6. kwink

kwink New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I catch them down on the white river at ranchetts down in rea valley right past flippin but the water has been to high on account of bull shoals being so high they never shut the dam down

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Yeah, the swampy areas along the lower White River have tons of them, but that's nowhere near Russellville.