CRAWFISH

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by catfishermanstiles, Mar 4, 2008.

1. catfishermanstiles

catfishermanstiles New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    In need of 40 to 80 pounds of crawfish may be more if any body out ther could let me know if they can find them priced well enough will drive to pick them up or have a number were to get some know that it's season time and ready to have a boil but source is gone need a new one if anyone can help
    Catfishermanstiles

2. Shotgun Slim

Shotgun Slim New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am from Louisiana andnow reside in Texas. I understand they are quite pricey this year.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ain't got no craw daddys but i hit the mother load on those cat tails today if ya still need em. Hit me if ya do.

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I would love to get my hands on some nice Achafalia crawfish, they are the big ones. I have family in Lake Charles but I haven't heard how much they will be going for this season yet.

5. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    They are a little small right now we need some longer warm stretches.

6. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    There was a story in the Baton Rouge Advocate this morning about some crawfisherman association. They agreed to cut back on their harvest because over the past weekend, prices (wholesale) went from $2.50 to $1.00. I guess that's a good sign that the prices are dropping. Now we'll have to deal with our own OPEC! They said that it costs them a dollar a pound to produce crawdads. Everybody needs to make something to stay in business. At least it looks like help is on the way. I suspect it will be an overall good season because of the water much higher than last year. The Miss River will go up another 6-7 ft and stay there for almost all month. That should get some more water into the spillway. I haven't had any yet this season but will enjoy them when I do!! Take care all!

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    What's some of ya'lls boil recipees? Love crawdads and new potatoes and corn. We have a good recipee but i'm always looking for better ways.

8. Shotgun Slim

Shotgun Slim New Member

State:
    Texas
    I ate my first batch yesterday. YUM YUM