Crawfish

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by litltman, Jun 26, 2007.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    I am going to little pee dee tomorrow morning. so today I went and got some crawfish from a ditch. made me think back about 30 years ago.me and my brother in law got some and washed and boiled them good and then fried them. they were pretty good. its funny how you dont think about things for a long time,and then something happens to set off a memory of yesteryear. hey micky, thanks. nice to be back on here. its been awhile.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Steve, good to see ya posting again! Where ya been buddy?:tounge_out:If it were me, I would just eat the crawdads, and feed the fish something that I don't like to eat myself.:smile2:Mudbugs are yummy!:roll_eyes:

3. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    MMMMM crawfish corn and taters!!!! Thats what ima talking about!!!!!

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Crawdads make all kinds of excellent bait!!! Try them,you won't be disappointed!

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Steve, you won't catch a lot of fish if you eat the bait! Good luck, and let us all know how you did today.

6. puck55

puck55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    does any one know how much live crawdads run for coz i dont see them in many bait stores and i was thinking of selling them on the side. i 've started a worm farm about three months ago and they sell pretty well among a couple friends :confused2:

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is good eating. I like em Cajun style.

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have had the same idea and i can tell you they are not very cheap. you can order them online but most of the time the have to come from louisiana and they are hard to keep alive. just go on google and type in live crawfish and about a million websites will pop up. they usually have the prices listed on there.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I was looking into buying them live and in bulk and they're not too bad ($100 for 20# if I remember right) if you live by a major airport. They'll ship them live on ice and you just pick them up at the freight terminal at the airport. Can't remember the website, but the guy I was emailing with was named LeBlanc. Check with your local dept. of conservation, though, because they are the big red ones, non-native, and there may be a law against using/selling them for live bait...