Crawfish jig

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by wishiwasfishin, May 16, 2007.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i seen this guy out on the lake here the other day and he was using a crawl fish jig trying to catch bass. as we talked he said all he could catch was a bunch of dang catfish. to my surpize he opened up his live well and there was a couple channel cats and 2 flatheads that would go 6 or 7 pounds and he caught them all off a crawfish jig sprayed with batemate. has anybody else had this luck or did this guy just have a good day?

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've had some luck in the past using crawfish colored crankbaits on cats. When they come into spawn along the rocks, some catfisherman target them by trolling crawfish type baits. I'm assuming it works because crawfish are a natural forage and may be viewed as predators towards catfish eggs.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My cousin just sent me three of them. I'll have to give it a try.

4. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    They do work. A few months back I was fishing an island off of the main river on Santee and that was all they would hit. Caught 2 over 20. I have also caught them on bucktail jigs and crankbaits. If drifting gives, you another option if you want one.

5. weebrio

weebrio New Member

State:
    TX

I caught a couple on a rebel craw.

6. RegulatorX

RegulatorX New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've got one of those baits. Never tried it though. Guess that'll be my experiment over the weekend.