crawdads???

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by ccat, May 4, 2008.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    As the White Bass run here on Beaver Lake/White river is wrapping up, I can still get all the crawdads I want from the ditches around here. Has anyone ever caught any catfish on crawdads, or crawdad tails or head?

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    YES WHOLE OR TAIL BUT NEVER HAVE CAUGHT ONE ON A HEAD

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Softcraws are great for Flatties, Blues, Channels and even that ol' bass. Dead or alive. I used to catch 6-12 dozen for bait and always did good with them.:wink::big_smile:

4. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    If they have newly molted and claws are resonable soft yet they make good bait. Drum are usually first to bite. But Ive caught some nice channels off them.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i always did better in the fall on crawdads. turtles and drum will tear them up, as will bass and cats. in fisherman was talking about a study they did that sowed in a lot of eastern rivers craws make up like 90% of a juvenile flathead's diet.

6. RiverMedic

RiverMedic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    When I was a kid that was half of the fun of going fishing , although now its work I still use them when I take the grandkids!

7. oklahoma caveman

oklahoma caveman New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    man i wish i could get crawdads anymore. great fish bait. screwed up an put minnows in my pond that previously had been full of craws, now no craws:sad2:

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I hear Crawdads make good bait, but I never use none.

9. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    We caught 22 cats this past weekend on trotlines and I know for a fact 4 of them were caught with crawfish because they were still on the hook. We used minnows, caught perch and crawfish.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Amen. Flatties up to 24" live almost exclusively on craws. Years ago when i trotlined right below lock 10 craws were my primary bait in the spring and i would catch plenty of flatheads up to around 5-6 lbs,

11. Tyrone Stewart

Tyrone Stewart New Member

State:
    Georgia
    yes i catch them all the time with my secret sauce added to them

12. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    +1 :big_smile:

Here in texas I've had great luck with Crawdads.

13. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I caught a few a couple days ago on crawdads. I caught a 7 pounder last week on cut perch. When I cleaned him, he had 2 crawdads in his stomach. That's what made me switch to crawdads this week. P.S. they were all channels I caught.

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    crawdads are really good bait,the cats prefer the soft craws over the hard ones.If i have the hard ones i just use the meat out of the tail,the only bad thing is bluegill like them to so they tend to steal your bait.