Crawdads

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by BW94, Jul 1, 2007.

1. BW94

BW94 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi Everyone, I started using crawdads for bait. I had some pretty good luck with them,but now there getting harder to find. Do ya'll have any tips on where to find them this time of year. I thought about making Rat's Crawdad trap, or maybe buying one. Well any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Billy,
    You should be able to sein some up in just about any flooded bar ditch or decent sized puddle. With all of this rain, they shouldn't be hard to find.

3. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    I have to agree any mud puddle you can find will have em.

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont know about now but when i was working in victoria tex.i got all i could fish with out of the storm drains.rite now i would be careful walking into them at this time.

5. HappyDudeSr

HappyDudeSr New Member

State:
    Texas
    A little off topic but how do you guys prefer to hook them?

6. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    whenever i use them i hook them through the tail and clip the claws off. its worked good with channels for me.

7. BW94

BW94 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like to hook them through the tail on up through there legs. They stay on the hook better, it makes the fish work for it, instead of stealing it , I leave the pinchers on, I don't think the fish care.

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    only reason i do is so one doesnt get mad since he has a big hook trough him and pinch my line and it have a weak spot or pinch through it and have an empty line out for awhile before checking it. never happened to me but ive thought about it before and it doesnt hurt. lol