Crawdad Rake??

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by ldp4657, Sep 12, 2006.

1. ldp4657

ldp4657 New Member

State:
    Two Egg, Florida
    I need some advise on how to make a crawfish rake. The ditches that I am getting them from are full of crawfish but are also full of thick grass. Does anyone have any diagrams or instructions on how to make one? Or maybe even a good web site. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Develle, I have never heard of a rake but I have had some good experiences with a trap. I would try the trap. The rake may accidentally kill e few crawdad's. Traps are easy to make and cheap to buy. Good luck

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I have never heard of one either , intresting .

4. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    My dad made a rake when I was in my teens, he took a long handle and then made a square wire basket at the end on the pole. The opening of the basket was toward you. We would rake the ditches from side to side and got quite a few.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Develle, And welcome aboard. I have tried a crawdad Rake and belive it or not I have had a whole lot more luck with a cast net, especially when the bottom of the ditch has grass and folage on the bottom of it. Your Friend J.D.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Take A long pole for a handle nail a 1 by 6 or 8 on it then nail two surports from the handle to 1 by 6 oyea the 1by should be 20 to24 inches long:sure: You can catch a lot of crawfish with one:big_smile: