Crappies under the docks

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Mi11er, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I have heard that people are slaying crappies under the docks around here. Most of the lakes are frozen around here but the action is hot under marina docks:big_smile:. I am going friday to give it a try, I will give a report.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Where you going Jess? I think our local lakes have shut the marinas down for the holiday. After the first of the year when and if I get the Kansas license again I might hit Hillsdale. Waitin for your report.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am going to smithville, on friday. If you don't mind a drive you ought to go to Toronto lake in south east Kansas. Real good crappies down there.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  5. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Good luck today Jess,
    Let us know how you do..
    Puddle,

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well We went out today and slayed them! Well the little one anyway:embarassed: We caught over 50 crappie and quite a few white bass. They were under the docks very close to the bottom. We were using gold Kastmaster spoons on bottom and a 1/32oz jig with a yellow slabbuster tube 18" above that. They were hitting very lite but with the crazy weather I don't blame them. We had temps in the upper 60's:crazy::eek:oooh:. Not bad for this time of year.