Crappies- Salt fork

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by s_man, Apr 2, 2006.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I was wondering if people are catching crappies in the area by the park office and on the other side of the bridge to the right of the office? Do they spawn in the stump field or go up the creeks? Just wanted to get a handle on why the flatheads are coming to the area. Any other ideas, maybe its bass and bluegills that spawn in there?

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    My neighbor goes crappie fishing at Salt Fork all the time. He has been catching them on small jigs and live minnows somewhere near the Sugartree marina

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Otto, when I fished it last spring with various members of the BOC that whole area was alive with shad. We also caught bluegill crappie and carp. It was a regular smörgåsbord for catfish! I hope it gets back to where it was be for the the water went down.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Then thats the ticket jack, shallow water warmed by the creeks has all the shad and baitfish swarming the area. I've have never fished salt fork before. It's just too far away to go on the spur of the moment for me which is how all my fishing trips are "planned". I just like to spend time on a body of water learning its nuances, but I don't have time for that with the gathering so close. I just wanted to gather any info I could before I start lookin for a possible fishing location. And find out what kinds of natural baitfish the flats are targeting. Thanks, S-man.