crappie

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kc river kid, Aug 29, 2008.

1. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    has any one been crappie yat??? :confused2:

2. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    From what I read on ............ and the fishing reportsTruman and Stockton have been doing real good. I'm from the otherside of the state and can tell you Mark Twain has been real good for the last 2 weeks. Hope you find some fish, most of mine have been 25 to 30 foot of water 8 to 12 feet deep.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nothing around here lately. Should start biting better as it starts cooling off. Have you been trying for them lately at Wyandotte ? If so where at ?

4. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    no but im going to try the pay dok and the one way some time soon maybe we can do some crappie fishin soon :smile2: i tell ya when im going and stuff

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Been catching a few lately but no limits. Catching most on brush piles with a lot of smaller ones to weed thru.

6. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    I caught some nice ones at wyandotte at the library on th sw side about a week ago had to work pretty hard at it though

7. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  8. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    SKY BLUE TUBES ON DARK BLUE JIGHEADS:big_smile:

9. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    if you want some good crappie then get out to middle creek state lake.I have heard there are some 9 and 10 inch crappie caught out there on minnows. get in the brush in about 8-10 foot of water

10. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
    Two of us fished there yesterday 8/29. Found the fish feeder empty and managed to catch four legal channels up to 20 inches.

After catfishing we checked the crappie out. We caught 63 legal crappie but only brought home seven. All caught on jigs and crappie nibbles around the standing timber. The largest crappie caught was a 15 incher something very unexpected for that lake. After yesterday I will probably be checking on the Louisburg crappie more often.

[​IMG]

11. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    A buddy of mine caught about 20 keepers up at mazingo, last week. I dont remember what bait he was using but they were drifting in a boat. He said they threw alot of small ones back.

12. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We caught quite a few at Big Hill Wed. evening but nothing worh bragging about.Caught around 40 but only maby 10 were worth keeping.Soon as the weather cools down a little the big boys should start bitting better.

13. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
    Carp Killer

I'm curious as to the depths the fish were caught at and baits and particular pattern you were using and was the evening time after dark or daylight going into darkness. It's my understanding some of the better crappie fishing there is usually after dark. Its cool and I understand if you don't prefer to elaborate and share further details.