crappie

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigcatwannabe, Mar 8, 2008.

1. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    has anone been trollin for crappie lately??? i was just wondering how deep they may be a where

2. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    I cant answer the question directly, but there have been alot of people drifting/trolling Second Creek on High Rock the last few weeks. I talked to Rookie12 at the ramp last Sat and he said that the trip prior, he had caught about 65 trolling right in front of Tamarac. The crappie should head to the banks on the next full moon (Mar-20+/-). Thats when I'll be looking for them in about 6". The last few years, we have wore them out.

Good Luck

3. BUCK

BUCK Guest

Last sun the fish was in 20 feet water

4. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Garr creek at badin is full of crappie. Allmost evertime I threw my thrownet real early Sat. morning I would catch some crappie. Some were pretty big.If you fish for them you need to get over there soon.

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    There are crappie up river at Badin, but there are lots of perch with 'em. There are also lots in 2nd Creek at High Rock. I was getting mine close to the edges of the creek channel in about 20 ft. of water. kept 31 keepers 2 weeks ago in about 3 hours of fishing. trolling jigs for suspended fish. Some larger ones were on the bottom and I got them with minnows on drop rigs. They're there, just go get 'em!

6. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    We have been doing great on the crappie at Tuckertown. Trolling in water between 25 to 15 feet. Using jigs and staying close to the bottom as you can without staying hung up. High Rock same story. We had some bounce action on both lakes caught flat heads on the jigs weighing 12, 14 ,9 and best one 22lbs. Good luck