Crappie

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by jailcop2, Jan 28, 2007.

1. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Hey all where will the crappie hot spots be in S/W Iowa this spring ?

2. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    is this crappie1.com? J/K. dont know, or i would tell ya. would love to hit rathbun at the right time and see what that is all about though. but will probably be out chasin cats.

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I've a friend whose brother had a cabin on Rathbun. Every Memorial day weekend they would literally fill the boat with crappie.
    I'd like to give it a try some year too.

4. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Not sure in SW Iowa, but as some stated Rathbun is awfully hard to beat for Crappie action. Also, if you hit it right, the Whitebreast area and below the dam @ Redrock can be very productive.

5. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Brian you know that spring-time means catfish for all us catfisherman right? Maybe you should ask the BOCr (Brotherhood of Crappiefisherman) next time. lol ok, that was a joke...On a more serious note I hear theres some decent spots around lake ahquabi and hooper here in the Indianola area. I've only caught huge bream though. Good luck!

6. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Every year I catch boatloads at DeSoto Bend

7. Don1

Don1 New Member

State:
    iowa
    LakeRathbun is a great spot for crappie, and catfish.It,s more south central iowa as you may allready know. I like to use the crappie egg sacs for catching cats around spring time.Let them dry in the sun a couple of hours and place them on a small treble hook.
    Good Luck