Crappie

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wayne7009, Apr 1, 2006.

1. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    i was goin to stockton in the moring and was wondering if aynyone had some pointers for me

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I am kind of lazy about my crappie fishin...
    I use one of those bobbers with the lead around the bottom and tie a curly tail jig... Move my rod tip just enough to tip the bobber and release.. repeat as necessary. great for bush piles. keeps your lure with the fish longer. If the wind is blowing up a little chop, skip the bobber tipping, the wind will rock the bobber and move the jig for you.
    Color, depth, and size to conditions but I generally use 1/4 OZ with white or chartreuse body and pink head.
    This way also works great when the water is cold and fish are sluggish. Often the bite will only show as a small hesitation of the bobber. Be alert and do not try to "cross their eyes", a good twitch of the wrist will do to set the hook.
    This time of year in WV I hit brush piles, rocks and trees in and around the mouths of creeks.
    Don't be shy about putting your bait/lure right up against the structure you are fishing.
    Good luck!

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I like waxworms, maggots, or minnows this time of year. Jigs work too. Here in Kansas they are really getting wound up. Good luck

4. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    On Stockton use light line. The water is very clear in the lower end. I might go to the upper end for warmer water temps though. Darn it here I am talking about a scaly vermin bait fish! Good Luck!

5. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    it does make some sence for them to go to warmer water this time of year i guess thanks for the info

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Did you do any good?