Crappie time!

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Catfish_Calvin, May 27, 2008.

1. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Went out yesterday to do some crappie fishing. It was my birthday and memorial day so i figured something good had to happen. Bought a pound of minnows and we used every last one of them. Not sure how many crappie we caught but it was over 100. Lots of fun!!! Heres some pics.[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Man,those are some nice looking crappie,Calvin. I know those had to be some fun on ultra light tackle. Those are some of the nicest crappie I have seen for awhile.

3. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    It was a blast. Almost as fun as catfishing.:wink: Im not very good at locating crappie when they are deep so when they are shallow like they are now, i take advantage of it. My brother doesnt like to go catfishing with me but when i say crappie he is sitting outside waiting on me.

If anyone around southeast iowa likes to go crappie fishing, go to your local lake and find a downed tree that is laying in 2-4 foot of water. Tie on a little jig and a minnow and drop it down about 6 inches from the bottom. If the crappie are around that tree you will have a fish on in about 10 seconds. Good luck!!!

My crappie binge is almost over. We are going to have to chase some Flatheads soon Gordhawk.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We are going to have to chase some Flatheads soon Gordhawk.

Sounds like a plan to me Calvin! I'm looking forward to it,because I have never specifically targeted Flatheads.

5. vtjefferson

vtjefferson New Member

State:
    IA
    wow thoes are some nice ones cong

6. graybeard

graybeard New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Them are some NICE crappies. WTG