crappie time

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Steve Douglas, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    went to kentucky lake sat. to test the waters. all this rain has got us messed up here. so i drove 4.5 hours to mansard island tn. to try my luck. well i get down there and guess what.the water is up...i guess because the ohio river is way up thay are holdin ky lake. it was in the trees and stained. but fished anyway, struggled abit to find them but they were spotty.ended up with 25 good fish about 1lb to 1.5each with one that would prolly go 3lbs i didnt think we were doing good with only 25 fish but at the end of the day,when all the other fisherman were cleanin there fish at the cleaning station , i found out we did better that all. most guys just had 5 to 8 fish and said it was extremely tough for them. most every one else was throwing jigs to catch there fish ,but i opted to use live minnows on a ky rig. the wind was hell. id say in another two weeks crappie will be in full swing .
    water temp was 53 derees

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    We tried are luck here in central Kansas and found them schooled in about 16 to 28 ft. With no live bait and like said the wind was hell, we had know luck:sad2:. The water temp. was 46 on the south end next to the dam and the east flats where 52 degrees in 4 to 10 ft. Better luck next time(two weeks:wink:) .

Thanks for your report.
    Chris

3. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Woo-hoo! I'm glad to hear you say two weeks (from your original post). I made my reservations at the cottage on Kentucky Lake for April 18th weekend. I'm really excited and have never been crappie fishing before. I hope you are right with your predicition. And although you didn't do as well as you had originally wanted, congrats on your haul for the day!

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on your catches