Crappie Time!?

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by catfishparadise, Feb 16, 2008.

1. catfishparadise

catfishparadise New Member

State:
    Henderson, Kentucky
    When do the crappie start to bite real good??

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    A buddy and I caught 130 last Saturday. Minnows and jig and bobber.

If you can find them, they are eating.

3. catfishparadise

catfishparadise New Member

State:
    Henderson, Kentucky
    Dang, I believe you found them :smile2:
    How is the temperature where you live?

4. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    In Mo. the spawn usually starts last 2 weeks of April.:big_smile:

5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "How is the temperature where you live?"

Like a roller coaster lately. As I recall it topped out about 43 or so when we were out.
    Some clouds, some sun, lots of wind and coming off the water, it was chilly.

The lake was up a 1 1/2 or 2 but had just dropped 3ft from the rain we had and was still colored pretty good. Not muddy but far from clear.

I was kind of surprised we did that well considering the conditions but we were at a time-tested winter spot, it's rare that you can't at least snag a few there.

6. jgoforthh

jgoforthh New Member

State:
    kentucky
    you can catch crappie year round, i do. just got to have spots you know hold crappie. the best time i catch em is right before the spawn, like a couple weeks before and in the late fall when they are fattening up for winter, although crappie and walleye is all i fish for in the winter i tend to catch bigger ones in the fall. most people agree the funnest time to catch em is in the spring spawn try to wait untill it gets fairly warm outside for about a week then they will be on but a few warm rains could speed em up and vise versa a few cold rains could delay the full on bite. happy fishing!!!!