Crappie started yet ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Bill D Curtis, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    I was just wanting to know if anyone down south was starting to catch crappie yet ? we still have ice on some ponds around here

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Bill,I don't know if your refering to the spawn bite or the winter bite. According to the crappie guides on Canton Lake, the winter bite is just about over. The pre-spawning bite starts about when the redbuds start blooming.

3. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    here at tenkiller we have been catch crappie all winter. not a lot but some days better than others. catching from real small all the way up to 14"ers. the spawn bite shouldnt be long.

4. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I haven't been up to Ellsworth for some time but I heard they've been fair to good on minnows and jigs from about 12 to about 25' for several weeks now.

5. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    You know, come to think of it I might have to get up there and try around the rocks before too long.

6. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Crappie guides at Canton??? Where can I get info about that?

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
  8. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Thnx for the link to the article

9. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I got a good mess of crappie down here last weekend before all the rain came in. Going to see if they're still cooperating this weekend. I was just fishin a farm pond down by the Red River. When they are on, they're ON... but it took a while to get a good mess of them, they ain't kicked it in high gear yet. I think they are just now starting to get heated up.

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here in kentucky the crappie is starting to bite good.

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've caught a couple the last couple of days in the throw net up in the feeder creeks around the Sallisaw Oklahoma area so it's should be starting.

12. target33

target33 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    my boys and I slaughtered them at Guthrie last week most were small but we had about 40 between 10 -14" we been back since the rain and caught very few

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Chris, welcome to the B.O.C. I believe I saw you and your boys at Guthrie Lake. I live in the houses to the east of the neck everyone's been catching the little crappie at. They were bitin like crazy, then stopped after the rain. The bite started back this afternoon though.

14. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I took my girls out today in Stroud. Not one bite! Granted i did not stay long the girls were complaining too much. I know i a little while longer and i could have found them. Maybe next time.

15. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    could not buy abite on friday caught 7 slabs today just as it was getting to dark to see:big_smile:

16. target33

target33 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    if you see us again come by and say hi. I went there yesterday about 6am and didn't wrap up the fishing till about 10 pm. the boys came about noon and we tried another lake (Mc something by stillwater). All togheter we caught about 30. Yesterday evening was best with a couple bigger ones.

17. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    with all the water around here (eastern) the spawn ain't lookin too promising

18. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Any of ya'll fish the house tops down at Texoma?

19. challacombe

challacombe New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Caught 40 last weekend at a farm pond near Frederick