Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Bill,I don't know if your refering to the spawn bite or the winter bite. According to the crappie guides on Canton Lake, the winter bite is just about over. The pre-spawning bite starts about when the redbuds start blooming.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got a good mess of crappie down here last weekend before all the rain came in. Going to see if they're still cooperating this weekend. I was just fishin a farm pond down by the Red River. When they are on, they're ON... but it took a while to get a good mess of them, they ain't kicked it in high gear yet. I think they are just now starting to get heated up.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Chris, welcome to the B.O.C. I believe I saw you and your boys at Guthrie Lake. I live in the houses to the east of the neck everyone's been catching the little crappie at. They were bitin like crazy, then stopped after the rain. The bite started back this afternoon though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you see us again come by and say hi. I went there yesterday about 6am and didn't wrap up the fishing till about 10 pm. the boys came about noon and we tried another lake (Mc something by stillwater). All togheter we caught about 30. Yesterday evening was best with a couple bigger ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.