Crappie spots near Tulsa

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by TDawgNOk, Oct 11, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok guys,

I'm looking for a good crappie spot near Tulsa. Don't want to have to drive too far and yes, I'll be shorebound.

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Tony,

The city lake in Clarmore is chopped full of crappie. I believe though there's a min lenght limit for them there and since there's so many, it's sometimes hard to catch any that are legal to keep. Might not be able to keep many but should be able to catch them at least.

3. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Yep, Claremore lake is a min of 10 inches.

This spring my wife and I went up there and caught them all day long. Only had 1 keeper out of probably 80 fish

4. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like folks need to start flipping crappie over their shoulder to get them out of the lake OR stock some saugeye in there to whittle the runts down.
    You might try crappie fishing in Lightening Creek on Oolagah. Check water temps and start wading with a long pole for shallow water fish. The cats, sandies, hybrids are up shallow now so you might do some good. Just a thought.

catman george

5. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Mt oldest grandaughter and her hubby fish Oolagah from the bank and catch crappie. I don't know where though. She told me over the weekend they caught 50+ for the freezer.

Larry

6. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    George, Larry, thanks for the info.

I may go ahead and try Claremore city lake next weekend. Them 9inchers may have grown an inch over the summer.

7. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Hey Tony I know that Blackwell is not very close to Tulsa but we have a city lake here that is full of nice crappie people are starting to catch nice batches of fish from 8 inches up to 2lbs on a daily basis and there is no length limits actually people are encouraged to keep all that they catch

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Dag nab it Tony, you know people are not going to show your their honey holes. But if one does, let me know and I'll be up there the next weekend. LOL

9. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Lawrence,

I can only hope that my fellow brothren would be willing to share with me a few honey holes to help put a brother on some fish.

That's what BROTHERS do!

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    But your talking fish here Tony, not money. There is a difference.

11. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Tony, Tuttle creek is hot for crappie now. It is just a short step for a stepper to get there from Tulsa :lol:

12. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Gee, thanks Dale. 5 hrs isn't close to Tulsa though!

13. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I hear the Crappie are doing pretty good at Bernice now with the cooler weather and the rain we've had?
    I haven't had a chance to get out there the last week, but a guy I work with was telling my tonight, he went out the other day and tore them up?

I think I'm going to go Thurs. or Friday?

I'm not much into crappie, but if they are biting, the cats might be there also? :0a18:

Ken

14. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    U no u can catch them on keystone tony we caught a ton the saturday before last there

15. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Yeah, I'm wanting a place that is just a quick drive and let the kids do some fishing. *(and Vanessa)*

Don't want to try and take them all out in the boat for it. Just someplace "quick and easy"