Crappie Spawning

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well my dad and i went on down to clinton yesterday. GOOD NEWS! the crappie are spawning and the girls are packed with eggs. :thumbsup: surprisingly we were catching crappie between 3-5 feet of water on the docks. also i think soon my dad and i will be making another trip to melvern to see what we can catch(crappie wise). but here is a picture of a good size bullhead we caught at melvern acouple weeks ago.
    :smile:

enjoy
    http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fatbullhead4to.jpg

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nice bullhead. Those crappie should be on fire at Melvern right now. :)

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    From what I've heard, they were on fire at Melvern...........and Clinton...............and Perry. Now who knows what the fishing is like after that cold rain and cooler temps.

I got my new depthfinder wired in this evening so may get out tomorrow if it's not raining, should fish the Kaw since it's freshened but love those tasty crappie:)

4. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We finally got some rain here today too Charlie. It all soaked into the ground but we needed it so badly it will really help things out. Crappie have been going strong at El Dorado too. The rain and cooler temperatures will probably slow them down but the flatheads are starting up anyway. Are you finally getting some water in the Kaw?

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I bet that bull fought hard. Man they eat good tho.

6. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    That is a big bullhead, good catch.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Heading to Melvern tomorrow morning, to get those crappie. Anyone wanna join me ?

8. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    lol well i would try and get my dad into lettin me skip school but i know that would never happen in a million because he would have to run it by the misses. lol i wish i could join you, but i can only wish you the best me amigo!
    :still_dreaming: