Crappie rigging

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by somozajc, Feb 11, 2009.

1. somozajc

somozajc New Member

State:
    arizona
    I need help on setting this up. I hear people putting between 2 to 5 jigs on one line, and i can't seem to understand this. I'm new to fishing and the crappie are starting to bite at the lake that I fish and I would like an insight on how to set this up. If anyone knows where i can see an illustration on this on the internet or if anyone has one that can post a pic that would be great. Thanks for your help:big_smile_2:

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome to the BOC Carlos, there are many, many, different ways to rig for crappie. I would suggest to actually hit one of your local bait shops and see what they have made up first hand, would be the best to get a good idea, But here are a few pics of ways to do it, again there are many ways from all around the country.

Attached Files:

3. somozajc

somozajc New Member

State:
    arizona
    thanks. i will try it this weekend

4. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    or slow vertical fishing with 4 poles off the front of my boat. I pull a rubber band thru a 1/4 oz barrel sinker to snug it to my line, twist it if it is too loose. I like this in that you can pull it down to your jig when moving from spot to spot. I just have too much trouble with more than 1 jig.
    [​IMG]

5. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    or slow vertical fishing with 4 poles off the front of my boat. I pull a rubber band thru a 1/4 oz barrel sinker to snug it to my line, twist it if it is too loose. I like this in that you can pull it down to your jig when moving from spot to spot. I just have too much trouble with more than 1 jig.
    [​IMG]