crappie report

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by jason berry, Mar 18, 2009.

1. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Caught 110 plus crappie today at Patoka lake mostly small ones but some up to 13 inches. Fishen deep on structure 14-21 feet with minnows and slip bobber. water temp was around 51.6 in the evening when I left but other side of lake is usually a couple degrees warmer.

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Been debating on going down there in the next few weeks. thanks for the report. i might just have to make the trip

3. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Been fishin nolin the last two weeks crappie have been slow on minnows around cover 4-8ft deep when you do catch em they usually are 9-12 inches.

4. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    In farm ponds Ive been fishin around two feet deep around cat tails and other structure. But on the reservoirs I always fish deep structure and do very well without having to move alot. Still havent got crappie jigs down yet. Crappie fishin is on fire right now with the reports Ive been gettin.

5. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    WELL SHIT IM NOT A CRAPPIE FISHERMAN BUT LAST WEEKEND I WAS THROWIN MY NET CATCHIN BAIT AND I FOUND A CARAPPIE HOLE I PULLED A 20" BLACK CRAPPIE OUT OF IT, HELL ID SAY HE WAS MABY 4 LBS I KNEW HE WAS BIG BUT I DIDNT NO IT WAS A TROPHY FISH WOULDA BEEN A NEW LAKE RECORD, LATE THAT NIGHT I WAS GETTIN HUNGRY AND HAD NOT FOUND ANY CATS YET SO I PULLED THAT CRAPPIE OUT OF MY BUSKET AND ATE HIM THOSE ARE SOME GOOD EATIN APPETITE PLEASIN FISH