Crappie nibbles

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by santeecat12, Feb 11, 2007.

1. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    i have these little things called crappie nibbles and if anybody has heard of them do you know anything about them.cause i was wandering can you use them for bait or do you just put it on there to make the fish smell it and lure it to the jig.

btw-i used them once at the river and got a hit off of them.:big_smile:

2. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Yeah I've used them.
    Both my kids won fishing derbys put on by one of my employers at company picnics by using them. Caught the most fish which was also the most weight.
    Use them either as bait or tip a jig with them.
    Both kids used the chartruse colored ones.
    best of luck
    just

3. robbor

robbor New Member

State:
    Ca
    I have used them along with powder wigglers , kodiak paste and every other thing and to me it is more important to find the fish than what you use. I am sure they do help. Like they say, better to fish the wrong lure in the right place than the right lure in the wrong place. I frequintly finding myself not putting them on and still catching fish. Im not normally slow or soft on the hookset so I not feel they are all that relivant for me. Also they get compacted and squished togather and dont stay on the hook super great some times. If I went out during the summer and fished nibbles vs red worms there would be no contest, worms hands down for fish being attracted and holding the bait longer. Confidance is the key to fishing, If you feel they make you a better fisherman then they do.

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I always carry a bottle of these !!!!! Great for panfish [Bait]:smile2: .

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Harley, Used em a few times and they work great... put em on a crappie jig..... white in color with a slip float to adjust for the depth that you want...... try em... you'll catch a mess of fish.

bayrunner ray

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I use them. I feel that if you are on the fish they don't help that much. If your presentation isn't good then they won't bite even if you have a couple of these on your jig. The only time I like them is when the fish have lock jaw. They can make the difference then in getting the crappie to bite. But if the bite is hot and I'm in a good spot I don't waste my time putting them on, I just haul fish in. :big_smile:

7. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    They work alone or tipped on a jig. If the crappies are on the bite you don't need to tip the jig with them, but if the bite is slow they can make all the difference in the world. They have an attractant in them that really helps make them bite.

8. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have used them and wouldnt go crappie fishing with out them. In the local lake where I fish if you dont have them on your catch rate will suffer greatly. I tip the crappie jig with them. Good luck

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I keep a jar of the gold with me all the time. Have seen times that they make the difference of catching fish and not. Use the bait pump to put into hollow tibes and lasts a lot longer this way.

10. bolivar 0637

bolivar 0637 New Member

State:
    Alma, Arkansas
    What is a bait pump?

11. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I always bring them with me when im crappie fishing just incase i run out of live bait or they arent biting very well on my jigs, they work good for blue gill also.

12. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Those little babies kept me into fishing....If not for those little suckers I wouldn't have bream fished as much, nor moved onto bass fishing/catfishing/garfishing/choupiquing!!! All I can say is Thank God for Crappie Nibbles, they got me hooked on fishing. About as good as earthworms for bream but can stay in your tackle-box forever! :cool2:

Caught many nice sized bream fished under a cork about 1 foot on a #6 long shanked hook....great for also catching bait-bream for gar/catfish!!

13. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I like to tip my tube jigs with crappie nibbles - works well!

14. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    A bait pump is a tool a guy in La. makes that you put your nibbles in and then inject them into your tube jig. A bite won't knock it off as easy. I have one and love it. Do a google, don't think you can put a site for others on here.

15. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I've used them & never caught a thing but then again, I haven't caught any on anything else this year either:sad2:

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I use the bait pump with crappie nibbles in a red and white tube. The pump puts the nibbles in the tube with ease! They work for me!
    Bill

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Anybody that wants the site for the bait pump.PM me and I'll give it to you.

18. jsloan

jsloan New Member

State:
    IL
    what is nibbles & where can you get nibbles at

19. jsloan

jsloan New Member

State:
    IL
    has any body been crappie fighing around Il

20. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey John I usually go several times in the spring and the fall. Right now it is a little early for regular lakes. The power cooling lakes though should be going real well. Hope this helps. By the way welcome to the BOC.