Crappie Magnet

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by ASASIN, Feb 20, 2006.

1. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Anyone else ever use these? I was experimenting with these before the ice got thick again here in Missouri and was impressed with their fish catching ability. They are made by Leland Lures. The crappie loved 'em as well as anything I've ever tried for them. God bless.

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Asasin what exactly are they? Have never heard of them but and planning on going crappie fishin with some bodies in april and wouldnt mind hearing about it if the crappies love em as much as you say.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    They look interesting.

Might be worth giving them a shot.

For those of you who haven't seen them, look below.

Attached Files:

4. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Yep, that's them. I like to use the 2" floats with them as well. Also, I'll use the trout magnets as well and really like them. I'll use the smaller floats with them. I believe they have a website as well. God bless.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    yes, just do a google search for "Leland Lures crappie magnets" and you'll find the site

6. retailredneck

retailredneck New Member

State:
    Richmond Va
    the lure showed above in the other post before mine the crappie magnet is for sale at wal mart .I brought 3 packs just to try out,

7. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Yeah i am going to have to try that out :)

8. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    They look good ASASIN. I think i will have to try them out. I have been using little jig heads with a mister twister on them but this looks great. Basically the same idea.

:006:

9. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I went out today here in Missouri and wore 'em out using them!!!!!!!! I fished for about an hour and a half and almost filled a gallon bag with filets. They were biting very well. The ice just came off the ponds on Friday while I was in Nashville. They should be on fire tomorrow with temps reaching close to 80!!!!!!!! I'll be eating crappie this weekend!!!!!!!! Can't wait. God bless.

10. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    yep it is so nice out here and cant wait till this summer when it is like this so i can get some good fishing in.

11. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like a good bait im gonna have to go to walmart and see if i can get me one of them there crappie magnets.

12. Buknasty

Buknasty New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now that basketball is over, looks like I'll be heading over to Wal-Mart tomorrow!

13. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Everyone make sure to get the bobbers for them as well or they aren't as effective!!!!!!!!!!! Little twitches(6" to 8") of the rod tip are what worked for me. I had the jigs about 1 to 1 1/2 foot down. Let it rest for a couple of seconds after twitching it. When they get used to the jig being there, try letting it sit longer before twitching it. Also, if they won't bite at all, try switching colors. I had to use the white with chartreuse tail to really get on 'em yesterday. They were hitting close to shore mostly. Most of them had eggs already. God bless.

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey ASASIN,
    How have you been?

I just order a-couple of packs the other day. Now all I have to do when I get them is go out there and get them.:0a32:

:0a23:
    Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

15. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Doing good Bert!!!!!!! Thanks for asking. Hope things are well in California. Sounds like you must be working too much to get a chance to fish much. You'll have to change that and get after them. God bless.

16. georigabulldogs

georigabulldogs New Member

State:
    Montana
    Man those are some nice looking lures and i am going to get me some. I like to crappie fish not only to eat them but i use them as bait fish too. Crappie are fun fish to catch ecspecially on a bobber. I like watching that bobber bounce once, twice, and a third before it is submerdged under the water and then you set the hook and the rod is bent over. AWWWWWWW what a feeling.

17. Buknasty

Buknasty New Member

State:
    Illinois
    THE SECRET'S OUT! haha
    I got some crappie magnets today at Wal-Mart. I can't wait to test them out tomorrow!

18. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Went today and slayed 'em!!!!!!!!! They were on fire. A cool front is fixing to pass through here, but they'll still be biting good tomorrow if I can get a chance to get away and do it again. God bless.

19. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Yeah man that sounds like alot of fun and i cant wait tell i get me some. I hope i have as much luck as you guys are. And hope that they work as well as you say. How do you fish them magnets.:) :confused:

20. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I looked at the picture of this lure. What makes it different than a regular jig?