Crappie Lakes in South Carolina

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Patmansc, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    So what are your thoughts on the best crappie lake(s) in South Carolina?

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Wateree, Greenwood and Wylie are well known for there crappie. I rather crapie fish Greenwood myself because I have far better luck there.

3. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    (Looks like most of the members in SC don't mess with crappie :confused: )

4. mjokerr

mjokerr New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I never went crappie fishing before but this year I am going to try my rods at it.I have heard of a couple places to try the hatchery and the Goose Creek Resevoir,so I will try both these areas and get back to you about which area to fish for crappie.

5. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Thanks Manny, good luck!!

6. Rebelcat16

Rebelcat16 New Member

State:
    Hickory Grove,SC
    I'm going to try and catch a few a wylie

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Santee has been world famous for crappie and has many crappie guides (and some good ones to, LOL ;) ) It has had some good spawns since the water came back up and should be real good.I have seen many 2lb plus crappie caught right at the end of Randolphs dock by an old black woman with a cane pole but she is a master crappie catcher.I have traded her some cats for crappie but I take my hat off to her as she knows those fish as well as her children and puts everyone else to shame when it comes to catching big ones.If you could get a fellow name of RANGO to come up on here he would tell you for sure what lakes are best.Haven't seen him post in a while though.:)

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Rango fishes Wylie and Wateree mostly.

Wylie has some good crappie but I can't ever find them. Now Greenwood I can catch three times my limit in a few hours(I don't keep over the limit but I can catch them). Wateree is very well known for its crappie but there again I can't find them. Santee has suffered in recent years due to hurricanes and white perch but still has good fish.

9. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Hey Jim, you know that old black lady too. She is a nice lady to talk to as well. I enjoyed talking with her, not that she says a lot unless asked. As you say she out fishes everyone on that pier even though I do pretty good myself. I love fishing for the crappies when I'm not fishing cats. I will be down to Randolphs again the first week of May and should see her there again. If your gonig to beat her to the best spot on the dock you better get up real early. I have been on that dock at 6 am and she is already there. Enjoy the fishing.

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    She is such a great fisherman that I would give her that spot if by some miracle I ever beat her to it.I believe when the crappie are in she stays out there all night.It is a real pleasure to see someone get that kind of enjoyment out of fishing and she doesn't have 100$ invested in her equipment or a fancy boat either.She always asks me why I'm going way out there in that boat when the fish are right there.I escape by telling her those are her fish and I have to go find some of my own.That usually tickles her to death.Don't think for a minute she doesn't get a kick out of showing all of us up either.:)

11. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Thomas, I've been to Greenwood twice and couldn't find any crappie (or anything else for that matter). Can you share a spot or 2?