Crappie jigs

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by catfish dreams, Sep 25, 2006.

1. catfish dreams

catfish dreams New Member

State:
    Huffman texas
    I would like to know how other jiggers rig with more than one jig. ANY INPUT WOULD BE APRECIATED.

2. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    i slide 2 jigs on line tie third jig with a double loop around fingers and back through then slide 2nd jig up 18 " do same thing and another 18' and same for third.have 3+" for each jig on doubled loop this lets jigs free inloop and hang more naturally. lol boliver

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Crappie fishing I only use one jig:big_smile:

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I mainly fish from the bank.2 jigs under a fixed bobber.Space them 12-18" apart.
    I tie a clinch knot,I want that line tight to the eyelet.Then I pull the knot towards the tail of the jig so it hangs at a 90 degree angle from the line.IMHO,this gives it a more natural look.

5. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It depends on how I'm going to fish. I use the Kentucky rig and have a lot of success with it. You also never know what your going to catch with it. I've caught crappies to stripers with it. Pretty effective. Also sometimes use a jig under a slip bobber if I'm in some brush.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I sometimes use the palomar knot to space my jigs out. Have seen some people use up to 5jigs at a time. Check this out. www.animatedknots.com

7. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Just one. More than that in brushpiles would spell disaster.:eek:oooh:

8. catfish dreams

catfish dreams New Member

State:
    Huffman texas
    Thanks for the ideals,I use one roadrunner at a time. Tried two but I fish alot of brush, lost them pretty quick. I think Ill rig with two or three and try the outer edges. Flew to Miami for work so I just got the info. Try my luck Sunday.