crappie jigs and grubs

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Katfish Kern, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    What is everybodies favorite jig weight and color, and do yall prefer grubs or live bait hooked?

2. Zellcat1

Zellcat1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Its hard to beat an 1/32 hair jig about 3ft under a small cork working it over some brush.

3. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    MY GO TO IS A 1/64oz JIG HEAD WITH A RED/GREEN/CHARTRUSE JIG ABOUT 2FT BELOW A SMALL CORK.:big_smile:

4. cacc34

cacc34 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    give me a pearl and chartreuse on a 1/16 ounce or 1/32 ounce depending on the depth i am fishing.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hard to beat a pair of minners on a crappie rig, I like a 1/8 oz white sassy shad or grub if theyre hitting fast.

6. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I use 32nd oz jig heads because of rate of fall. Plastic grubs made by lew's or big golden shiners and switch to either 1/16 oz jig for bigger hook or an eagle claw aberdeen with split shot and a tip up bobber.

7. KY King Kat

KY King Kat New Member

State:
    KY
    I like Southern Pro hot grubs, colors vary.... but on KY lake it dont matter what color it is as long as its chartuese:wink:
    Also, check out www.crappieusa.com the worlds largest crappie tournament trail. There are always results from tournaments and the winners tell how and where they catch their fish. Just go to results, find a lake close to you, we run 34 tournaments a year, so maybe one will be close to your home pond. HOpe that helps!