crappie fshin spot? on Ohio River

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by jason berry, Oct 31, 2008.

1. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Is their any where around the Evansville area to fish for crappie. Ive been driving up to Patoka and doing really well but cant afford to drive up their all the time. I would like to get a spot in a lake around here or on the Ohio River. Im going to try pigeon creek and try around the islands, does anybody have any suggestions or know of some more creeks on the river?

2. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I guess Im going to dive back up to Patoka on Saturday. I know we got some crappie fisherman around the Evansville area. I can go figure out the river myself but it will cost alot more money than getting a little help from a local crappie fisherman and maybe get a new fishin buddy. Ill post a pic when I get back.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    jason call me i can show you a much closer spot..

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Too bad you don't live close... there's a crappie smack down goin' on in my river here right now... lots of fun... Smallmouth are going nuts also!

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I appreciate it guys I love crappie fishing. Catfishing is the the only one I like better.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I thought of this thread today.... I seen a HUGE crappie that I thought was dead,,, when I got closer, I looked and seen it was actually Choking on a bluegill that was WAY too big lol ~ it's mouth was open as wide as it would go, and was torn by the gills dorsal fins... my boat startled it and it jump- when it did, the bluegill popped out and away he went... kinda cool!
    I wanted to get a picture of it, but it all happened too fast!