Crappie fishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Angler2007, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went to Lake of the ozarks this weekend and fished around the 70 mile marker. Fishing is spotty, we had one bank that was about 100 yards long and the males were right on the bank. We didn't have any problem catching our limit of 11 - 13" crappie and had some close to 14". If we got away from that spot it was one here and there. Didn't understand it. All they wanted was white/chart sliders on a roadrunner head. It was a fun 2 days, I sure hated to come back to work. Water temp was 58 - 59 degrees, cloudy, and off and on showers.

2. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a great time. I have been wanting to get down there this spring just to many things going on. Congrats

3. gumripper

gumripper New Member

State:
    va
    i love to crappie fish. my oldest boy is getting hooked on it now..

4. crazfish

crazfish New Member

State:
    arkansas
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO FISHING! LUCKY GUY! I AM OVER MY HEAD THINGS TO DO AND ALL. MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET A FEW HOURS FISHING TUESDAY IF THE WEATHER HOLDS UP. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR CATCH.

5. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    With this weather coming in it should prolong the spawn at the Lake of the Ozarks. If a person could get down there in the next 2 weeks, I would think you could catch a bunch of fish. I'm going back down in 10 days.