Crappie Fishing

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Carp Killer, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Anyone been doing any crappie fishing where theres no ice?All of my honey holes are froze over right now but next week is looking good.Maby some of this ice will melt and we can start doing some fishing again.

2. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    Water temp on Lake Harris Leesburg florida on Monday got up to 63.9 and in the evening found males and females together(bed?) caught a limit of 25, went back this morning(Tuesday) temp overnight dropped to 61 and only caught 8, rained today so don't know what's to be found in the morning but will try. This moon should be good but cold snap comming.--shu

3. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Myron, I'm jealous. Nothin more enjoyable than getting out in early spring when it warms up and catch some slabs.

4. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I have got a couple of farm ponds which are loaded with crappie but like you said it is all frozen over now. I hope to get out there a day or two after the ice melts.

5. kylerm78

kylerm78 New Member

State:
    Spring Hill/ Edgerton ks
    Drove through oklahoma last week coming across Eufalla Guy walked up bank with about 15 keepers talkabout spring fever.

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I cant wait to get into some crappie. Best eatin fish in my opinion. :smile2:

7. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    been doing fair at Clinton all winter, although it's hit or miss. A whole lot, or a whole lot of nothing.

8. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello All,
    Went to Smithville on Monday and caught several, just had to weed through the small ones to catch any keepers. I manage 9 keepers and 2 w. bass before the wind blew me off. They were suspended below the schools of shad. Water temp on Mon. was 41 degrees, won't be long before it warms up. Good luck to all!

9. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Sadly, most all of the fishing I do is crappy... :smile2:

10. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I went to perry this morning and only caught one fish. No surprise though it's the first time I went out there this year with the boat. I really did'nt know where the fish have been lately.

11. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I don't think the water temp is up enough yet. Me and buddy have been going out every other day and have just been catching 10 to 12 a day in the 8 inch range.Any time and they ought to start runnin good.

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I need to get out soon. I did, however, get out before the crazy weather struck but didn't have any luck. I guess the water was a little too high yet. Good luck to you my friend!
    -me:big_smile: