Crappie fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Buknasty, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Buknasty

Buknasty New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well on 4/22 fat_fish55 and I went fishing at Lick Creek (off of Mark Twain Lake) and brought home 12 keepers! He caught 9 and I only caught 3. We also set out a trotline and about 6 limb lines, but we didn't get anything from those except a medium sized drum :(. We are going camping down there on 5/5 and hopefully we'll have more luck setting up the trotlines overnight.

Fat_fish showed me how to fillet them and then we fried them up for fish sandwiches!

Pictures attached...

Attached Files:

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice mess of crappies you got there. That pic of the sandwich is making me hungry haha.

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I went crappie fishing today at Lake Monroe in Indiana. Man the crappie were slamming everything. They are holding right off their spawning grounds (at least until this cold front comes through tonight) and i was catching them in about 5-8 feet of water. I used a slip rig most of the time with minnows but my buddy was using a chatruese jig with a green tail and yellow jig head and he was catching them as fast as I was. I also caught a very nice largemouth (about 4 pounds) on a minnow. I figured it was a bass but I was praying for a 17 inch crappie, lol.

4. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    im thinking about going to mark twain next week mon-fri,i hope the females are on the banks then:)

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Looks like a nice mess of fish. Hope the season remains good to ya.

6. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    I was at mark twain the 22 & 23, I tried lick cr. sun morning only caught 1 keeper. the bite was on in little indian sat. & sun. caught my limit both days by myself, not 1 fish under 10". used a black & white umbrella tube 10'-15' around cedar trees only.