Crappie fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by matt22va, Jun 29, 2009.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I'm going to throw this out now, it is probably very early. I love to crappie fish but have done it in VA/TN and I don't know any one that does it here. Any info you guys have would be helpful for the cooper or moultrie. We usually sat up on rock cliffs and put out lights and fished with minnows. Also I have a boat, so if anybody wants to go when the time comes just let me know, or if anybody wants to take their boat I am always more than happy to split bait and gas and help with boat and fish cleaning. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I know they're some good crappie in there but I've never fished for them down there. Both of the state records came from Santee area. I generally crappie fish at Greenwood or local ponds. Good luck with your search.

3. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Last weekend down at Moultrie a lot of the guys I talked with that were crappie fishing were tearing em up at the hatchery. The wind was bad so the 1 trip I tried to make over there got cut short. I was heading there to fish for channels in the breaks between the stumps. It has always been full of crappie when the water levels were where they are now. Hope this helps.

Steve