Crappie fishing ponds

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by stinkbaitjunkie, Mar 2, 2006.

1. stinkbaitjunkie

stinkbaitjunkie New Member

State:
    North Mississippi
    Do the crappie start to bite in ponds the same time they do in lakes, rivers, and creeks? I'm going today at a pond and want to know if i'm wasting my time or not.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    depends on how deep your pond is. if its shallow it will heat up sooner then lakes or rivers. i have a couple ponds i fish that are only 3-4ft deep and a freind has been catching crappies and gills there for the past 2 weeks.

3. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    They bite year round in a pond, you just have to figure out their patterns, such as how deep, what structure(s) in the pond they are holding by, etc. I wore 'em out on Crappie Magnets the past two days here in Missouri. God bless.

4. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ASASIN is right. They bite all year long in ponds, you just have to find them. Last week KicknWing, Fatfish_55 and I caught a couple out of a pond ice fishing. (KicknWing caught both of them, it was slow). I bought some of those Crappie Magnets and would suggest to anyone who is crappie fishing to try them out. They arent expensive at all. They vertical jig just like a Gary Yamamato Senko, but for crappie.

:0a26:

5. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    im gonna crappie fish a pond tomaro ill see if they are bitin yet or not. i hope :)

6. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Yes, the Crappie Magnets are awesome. You can also get them in a smaller size, the Trout Magnet and they work great as well. I especially love their fishing lines!!!!!!!!! They are AMAZINGLY strong, too. God bless.

7. stinkbaitjunkie

stinkbaitjunkie New Member

State:
    North Mississippi
    Can you get these crappie magnets at walmart or will i have to go to sportsmans warehouse or any other place like that?

8. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just recently bought my Crappie Magnets from Wal-Mart. I dont know anywhere else that sells them. Someone on the BOC told me that they are only sold in Wal-Mart. We have a GameMasters here and they dont handle them. They handle a lot of fishing gear, but not Crappie Magnet.

:thumbsup:

9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I bought two packs of trout magnets in chartruese and white. What color has been working for crappie?

Jaime

10. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    the colors that i think work good for crappie are a black body and a chartruse tail. that is the color of the crappie magnet i bought

11. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I bought a pack of Crappie Magnets. The colors i chose was blue with a white tail. Though i think anything with chartruse is probably the best. I just wanted to try a different color. These things are great. It wont matter what color the crappie are going to hit them like crazy.

:0a26: