• I always tip my jig with a minnow

• sometimes tip my jig with a minnow

• never tip my jig

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When crappie fishing I always tip my jig with a minnow.sometimes tip my jig with a minnow .never tip my jig with a minnow

·
Registered
720 Posts
sometimes tip my jig with a minnow.. sometimes a grub/wax worm

·
Banned
10,798 Posts
If I'm jig fishing ,thats all I use ,plain jig,otherwise I just use minnows on a gold hook.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I never tip my jig because I only use live bait and small rapalas for crappie fishing.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I voted sometimes tip my jig with a minnow. It all depends on what the fish are relating to that day.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm an artifical nut .So I never ever tip it with a minnow. I'll change colors or baits. But we all kneaux how squirrely those fish can be. Kinda like my Wife of 31-years....whatcha get one time may not work the next. Maybe that's why I like fishing crappie so much and marriage can be challenging all the time!!:crazy:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
When I was growing up in Ohio, I would tip jigs with minnows most of the time. Once though, a guy showed my uncle and I an artificial that he was using. It was a small white cricket. He was KILLING the crappie with it! We started using that and going between that and minnows.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Most of my crappie fish is done using minnows,hook,and a bobber.
I'm with Curdog on this one. Most of my crappie fishing is with a minnow under a bobber. Sometimes I'll just go with the minnow and no bobber.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I try different things until I find what works for that trip. Usually either a plain light/dark tube jig or a gold aberdeen #4 w/minnow & just enough weight to sink it to the right depth.

The places I fish, anything with a treble hook just isn't practical.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm usually drifting across a lake for crappie. I use a little lead head hook under a bobber sometimes with a skirt sometimes without but always with a minnow on the hook. Minnows are so cheap and plentiful so why not use them? Besides that when was the last time you saw any small pan type fish pass up live bait. I even catch nice size eating cat fish this way, on a regular basis.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I try different things all the time. They never seem the bite on any one thing for more than 15 minutes at a time, it's like they get bored or wise to a single bait.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
I throw everything in my tackle boxes at them. Use nibbles on the hook or injected into the tube. I have even been known to hook on a minnow when I get desperate.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thankx everyone, this poll has helped me alot.I have always used a minnow and bobber. It looks to me like it up to your presonal preferance.the next time I go out I wont stop at the bait shop.It just wont seem right going w/o minnows. thankx again smokey

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I didn't vote cause I always just use minnows without a jig.
I have always had good luck with crappie on live bait only.
:wink:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts