Crappie Fishing in Florida

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Whistler, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    A few weeks ago I took a trip to Florida to visit my friend ChuckB. We fished for Crappie everyday I was there. I can't remember ever catching so many crappie in a week. These pics are from just two days. Note the claw hammer on the side of the fish. LOL The one Chuck is holding is 2.75 lbs and 17 inches long. It was good enough to win a fishing contest the local baitshop was holding. He lives in a fantastic place on the St. Johns River. I can't wait to go back. If you know Chuck, he says to say hello to all his friends on the BOC. He is doing well and is happier now than in many years.

Attached Files:

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Crappie, looks real good.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Bryan I am glad you had a great trip. And Hope that you were not rough oh Chuck. LOL
    Marilyn and I went crappie fishing a week ago Saturday and within an hour we had 25 fish. Here biggest was around 15"+
    Going sauger fishing tomorrow. And back Crappie fishing Saturday.:big_smile:
    Pete

4. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice trip you had there! I haven't gotten into crappie like that in a couple years now. What was your main producer? Just working minnows or were they hitting the plastic good?

5. Whistler

State:
    TN
    My biggest one was on a minnow under a bobber in about 15 foot of water. Right off the main river channel which in that area is about 30 feet. We tied up to a lighted dock and fished about 6 foot deep. Chuck's best one was on a 1/16 ounce white Blakemore Roadrunner with a green/chartreuse tube on it. We were trolling that one in about 15 foot of water on a sharp river bend. We hit a big bunch sitting right in the middle of the river. It was a blast to say the least. I like crappie fishing a lot, but haven't really done much since I was stationed in Colorado about 18 years ago. It was a great trip and I had a blast fishing with Chuck. I got there on a Friday evening and stayed til Sunday a week later. We fished everyday from about 8AM til midnight or later.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sure looks like you had a good time and some good eats!
    Bill

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Nice fish. They are making me hungry!

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Just looking at the photos of the catch, to me it looks like you guys had a good trip.
    :0a23:

:worship: "Nice Ones",
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

9. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Mmmm, I am hungry. Looks and sounds like a great time. Thanks for posting.

10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Good gravy, you said ya'll caught some big ones but the one Chuck is holding is a hog. We are tickled that ya'll had such a great time and that Chuck is doing good now days, we miss him a bunch.

11. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Chuck's in good shape now. Between Gene and I we're hoping to get him back up on the internet soon. Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thx for the report Bryan. Awesome catches. So you been roughin it in Florida eh? Poor guy :angry::smile2:

Hey, arnt 'Crappie" called Specks in Florida? I remember we called them Specks when we were growing up, but that was quite a few years ago.

13. Whistler

State:
    TN
    That's what they are called down there. Chuck won the local bait shops Speck contest. LOL They were fun to catch.

14. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Bryan,
    Congrats on your great crappie trip. Looks like you done well and will eating some good fish too. Thanks for the report and pictures. rspd507