Crappie fishing in Eastern Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by kaleigh, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I am new to Crappies,been after Cats and Muskies.Any Ideas or tips on where to go?I live in the Bethlehem area.Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) How do you cook them,are they a good tasting fish?

2. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    the fish are very good if you deep fry them and are rolled in bread crums
    you should go out to the lake taht you usually fish at and look for lots of cover like downed trees and sunken trees and just worka jigs or minnows on bobers around this area. I dont live by you so i couldnt help you on where to go. i hope this helps. good luck on crappie

3. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Somebody must have a favorite place to fish for Crappies,I need some help!!!!!!!!!

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I don't know where you are exactly , but Union lake in Cumberland county, N.J. is good for crappy bass, the lake is 900 acres and I have caught many nice crappy over the years.

5. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I am from the Allentown,Bethlehem area.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Lake nockamixon and greenlane reservoir are the 2 closest lakes I can think of for crappies.

7. Katfish-hunter

Katfish-hunter New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Mike , You could try the Ontalanee resavoir near reading or a place called Karcher creek in hamburg I've had success with crappies at both places.

8. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    KH

Where is the creek in Hamburg?

9. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    It's not just a creek, but a small lake also. I saw it on the PA Fish and Boat commision web site. It's outside of Hamburg. I'm hoping to get out there this year some time. I actualy saw some signs for it last sunday. My wife and I went to the Hamburg Field House for the Berks County Kennel Club dog show. I think the sign said 1.5 miles off south 4th street in Hamburg, but i'm not sure if that's just a park or where the lake itself was.

10. Katfish-hunter

Katfish-hunter New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    It's not a creek it's actually a lake. It's just before Hamburg on old route 22. The sign is pretty small and it is easy to go past it. If you go to the Pa fish and game website and go to counties then select berks there is a full descrition of the place. It's spelled Kaercher Creek Lake. I would be happy to show you the place sometime if you can't find it.

Rick

11. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    CJB what kind of dogs are you into? I used to show dogs for about 20 yrs as a Professional Show Dog Handler. Now retired from dogs!

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    If you use slip bobbers set at 3' you will catch your limit in about two hours! It's right on the border of Jersey shore and Antes Fort.(Antes creek) Here is the GPS coordinance-- Long: -77.24174 Lat: 41.18848
    Hope this helps. Its my favorite hole! Great trout fishin in the "Head" of Antes Creek And great Cattin' off the thermal. :big_smile:

13. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Not real sure about that question.

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Try ROSE VALLEY LAKE ! Great crappie fishing. Just got back a little while ago. I hear the cattin up there really went down hill since all the muskies and pickerel arrived. I'm assuming they were stocked.