crappie condo pictures please

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by cliff n york, Apr 28, 2008.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i want to make some crappie condos out of drywall buckets. but i dont have any idea, on how for a part, to make each level of the cut quarter sections. also should their be two, three are four sections on each level. thanks cliff

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Not sure about the ones you are speaking of but I kinda like the bamboo ones.
    Drywall bucket concrete with bamboo stuck in it. A bit unweildy to move but can be hauled in parts and assembled on the bank close to were you want to sink it.

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    good idea thanks rick

4. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    it's much easier to make them with 12"x18"x6" dish tubs from target or dollar general they cost about 1.50 apeice and if you spray them with wd-40 or gunoil you can pull them off when the concrete dries and reuse the tubs.you can spread the branches or pvc out more than a bucket and it won't tip over like buckets. Use scrap pvc from old buildings road construction or scrap from plumbing supply companies and it's cost free, snag free and lasts indefinitely unlike bamboo or christmas trees.... check your local laws first though before you drop them in... I make 3 different types ones with 1 6' piece of 4" diameter sewer pipe right in the middle with holes drilled in it and small pieces of pvc going sideways through it like the branches of a tree or you can put six pieces of 1 1/2" pvc pushed down in the concrete one on each corner 2 in the middle. I will try to get some digital pictures. It will draw the channel cats in too if you put 5 or6 in one place and chum it heavily with soybeans.

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I wish I could help you out but I cant on this problem but you could always check out the BOC Library and if they dont have that in there they should have something like it that can help you.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i saw them in a magazine with the pvc, looked really good.

8. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    google crappie condos from the crappie magazine website my batteries are dead on the digital camera