Crappie at Kerr

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigredneck, Feb 21, 2008.

1. bigredneck

bigredneck New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hello everyone, Sounds like a lot of blues are caught on crappie in Kerr/buggs. You might have seen some of my earlier posts about where to go for the catfish. Many thanks for those responses...

Where should I go for some crappie ? I'll be up there first week in March, looking for some big blues, maybe even some flats..

Plan on working our way from above the bridge (bluestone, buffalo) down until we find some cats... With that in mind, any places in particular in that general area I should look at for targeting some crappie ?

Thanks,

2. screamin clicker

screamin clicker New Member

State:
    Burlington North Carolina
    right now the crappie are doing best ive found in grassy and aarons creeks march may still be a little early for the flatheads unless the water temp starts rising soon, its around 46* at night and almost 48* during the day, our club has a catfish tournament in clarksville saturday leaving out of Oconeechee#2 and a bass tourney will be at #1

3. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    bunch of em in arrons creek,me,myson and son-in-law fish there quite often,got a sister-in-law with a lake house,bass boat and pontoon,we have a great time every time we go...

4. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i had a friend crappie fishing grassy creek recently and they caught 90 and kept 60. sounds like a good place to start to me. good luck.