Crappie and Flat in the winter

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tdpasser, Feb 22, 2006.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Took my boys fishing for crappie and flats but couldn't find anything fished the yellow cliffs fish habitats because I heard it was good for crappie now. we painted fish in the area but no luck. we fish all depths with live minnows and had the light in the water. we got a couple of gils at the launch but no flat runners. I like the idea of trying for crappie while fishing flats.

Looking for advise in the crappie department, your comments are appreciated.

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    No better way to pass the time while waiting for the flatheads to bite than tossing in some minnos for crappie.

* I was at Bartlett last weekend Friday-Sunday.. I fished up the river a little ways and found a crappie Saturday night. Right near the shore. Nice little slab, but it would have been nice to get a few more..

Hope you have better luck on the water next time.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    AzFlats any idea what the water temp was when you were up there last weekend? It is expected to be in the 80's this weekend and with the water level going down this could fire them up a little.