Crankbaits for bream

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by Stevej, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
  2. flannelman

flannelman New Member

those will probably work. ive had luck catchin panfish on Rapala shallow raps and even little poppers. those should work great. good luck

3. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
  4. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Those should work pretty good. I have had a lot of luck using floating Rapala lures for bluegill also.

5. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Ive been using thoes type of little lures for gills for years and I really enjoy it.
    Matter of fact the best ones I found are the top water shallow divers, and I mean the small ones too like under 2" long..the ones I like best you could cover up with a 50 cent peice.. fished with 4lb line on a ulta light and any farm pond turns into hrs of constant fun , The other thinng i like is that Bluegill bass crappie and even cats will bite on it so make sure you have taken the time to adjust your drag before hand

6. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Another good bait for them is a beetle spin, they work great were I live.

7. ratred

ratred New Member

State:
    mississippi
    A small Rapala is the way to go. Can be twiched across the top or just under the surface. Catches brim , bass , crappie , and anything else that swims. Lots of fun on an ultralite. The treble hooks are a plus for hooking brim when they are just hitting at it and not taking it. I catch brim smaller than the bait occasionally.

8. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My personal favorite is the red 1/16 or 1/8 oz. rooster tail spinning bait. It catches everything from bluegill to perch. The only drawback is that about every 10th bluegill you catch will have engulfed the entire mini-trebel hook and it's real hard to get out with all three barbs embedded in his lips. Alot of times I have to literally pull their lips off to get the lure back.