crabs

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by jklm, Aug 10, 2006.

1. jklm

jklm New Member

State:
    la.
    I fish alot on the westbank of new orleans an couple of places along the miss. with at best poor bank access and a few place on the bayou's there a sometimes there are those little crabs humm i was thinking about trying to make catfish bait out of one any ideas.. I often fish a bobber about 6" or so trying to catch sun fish or perch not luck I got to find out what is living in the water with the cat fish and what they are eating in order to catch a big oned i often catch smaller ones nothing of size they got to be there

thanks

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    I'm not exactly sure what kind of crabs you have up there, but we cut the crabs up in 6 pieces and they work great for redfishing in the Gulf of Mexico..... I'd think they would work great for catfish too but i've never tried them myself... May have to give it a shot and see....

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I hear tell that the blue cats like them. If they are in the water you fish you can almost bet the catfish eat them.

4. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    can't believe I found this post because we where just talking about trying crab for catfish today at work guess we were thanking of the same ideas:roll_eyes:

5. jklm

jklm New Member

State:
    la.
    savage may i ask how do you cut up the crabs i got to give this a try just dont want to waste a crab for not. thanks

6. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    we dont get any crabs up here, but crawdads work hella good