crab orchard

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by noah, Jun 16, 2008.

1. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    :0a34:
    boy oh boy i dont know where to start ! i don't know if we are doing something wrong but me and a buddy have been going to crab and setting trot lines and also been pole fishing we have tried fishing deep and we have been fishing shallow even in the weeds well every one we know have been catching the heck out of them but we are lucky to get one or two we have used chicken liver no luck and we use fresh cut shad we catch with the drag net still like i said one or twoif we are lucky we went to wolf creek by the train trussels no luck and right pass the boat club off of greenbrier and the island straight out from the boat club still no luck somebody please help me i give up i dont know what else to do i know the cats are out there i guess this isnt my season this season:embarassed::eek:oooh::sad2:

:0a36:

2. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Look for TONTO, on in evenings as long as work hasn't got him buried in a sea of stupidity!
    Not a person alive that knows water in So. Illinois any better, you can bank on it!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Noah until Tonto contacts you I would suggest that you give the Old Carterville Beach area a try. Set up approx 100yds out from the beach. There is some old roads that run under the water.. Also anywhere along old route 13 that goes underwater across crab. If they fail to hit cut shad, try using Sonnys Blood Bait on a looper rig.

4. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    thanks guys yeah the beach do i need to pull up on the beach and fish out i am assumeing now were do i find that bait u were talking bout cooksies has something up tere at the shop sum homemade looking stuff but yeah i guess i will try saturday at the beach i was told also to get some leaches where does the road come in at at the beach :smile2:there might be hope:smile2:

5. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    that stuff is great for channel cats over at bogart point.

6. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    You need to anchor about 60-100 yds out from the beach and cast inward. Start on the east side and work toward the west. If Cookseys does not have the Sonnys bait try Dunns Sporting good in Marion.

7. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man Mickey, you sure seem to know of almost every lake in Southern Illinois...you must have fished pretty much all of them. I am so looking forward to meeting you at a gathering. Might be able to teach us all a thing or two, thanks for all your knowledge on our favorite pastime.

8. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not only does Mickey know alot about our waterways, he's also cute as a bug!:wink:
    can't wait till Sat!

9. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois

I dont know about the cute thing you say here tkeyhunter but he is chalked full of great fishing information, and has alot of great stoireis to tell. LOL See you all this weekend!!!

10. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Bethann you are trying to embarrass me but I know you are talking about a stink bug. See you all Sat.

11. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    well today i left home at noon and left the lakee at about 7:30 still empty handed i have tried shad deep and shallow and some cajun cheese shrimp still nothing well i dnt know i just need to follow someone lol

12. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    :wink: Give me about 30 minutes & i'll have TONTO to the rescue!

13. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Noah try fishing east of 148 in the stumpfields. Don't motor past an idle though. Also east of the old train trestle go south into the stumpfields, also at an idle. I don't know why you aren't catchin cats. They should be spawning or about done and biting like crazy try fishing brush along the banks with your trolling motor if they are there you should get bit quickly. Have you tried drifting shad at night in the flats?. Hope this helps good luck. By the way Mickey knows far more about crab orchard than me. Tonto

14. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i guess i will try again tomarrow day in the afternoon and again on friday night but i realy do thank everyone for the help right past the the trussles i will use a bobber cause i have a feeling i will loose alot of hooks :crazy: but i guess i will give it a try but thanks alot i will give everyone a update as i get them thanks alot everyone:big_smile::cool2::smile2: