Crab Orchard Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Kojak, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Recently I have been considering trying out Crab Orchard lake here in So.IL. A buddy of mine told me to fish in a part of the lake called Wolf Creek where his brother catches flatties on trotlines in the 30# and up range. Any further information would be nice if any of you have experience with that lake.

Jerred

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Kojak, thats about all I know of it also, you may try asking some of the folks on the SILOutDoors.com site, there are several that hit the lake or would know some more about it. If ya don't get any other help.

3. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i go to crab all the time i also have heard of all of the cats from wolf creek but i have never trot line there

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerred Crab Orchard will make you smile or cry. I'm just getting around to reading this. The wolf Creek area is divided by a road. East of Wolf Creek road is where many large cats of all species are caught on jugs and troutlines. However west can also be good fishing also. Different rules apply from east side to west side on jugs and troutlines. Check the Ill DNR for this info. You can also stop at the Refuge C enter on Rt.148 for additional info and permits. If I can be of anymore help just give me a PM.:big_smile: