Crab Orchard Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by noah, Jun 5, 2007.

1. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    any one here around herrin illinois
    that catfish on crab

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I usually catfish crab at least once a year . Just thinking of it makes me wanna head out now and stop for polar whips on the way. well maybe the polar whip belly bombers are calling......lol

3. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fished the Wolf Creek area yesterday evening with relatively good success. Caught 9 that would go 4-6# with garlic salted shrimp.

4. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i have been buisy working and only been going 1 or 2 times a week but last time i went i caught a 10 lb flat on shad

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dean was you bank fishing or fishing from the boat? East or west of wolf creek road? You are useing a good bait for crab.

6. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mickey, I was west of the road drifting the points. If I was getting bites I anchored for awhile. It was my first time on Crab Orchard but sure won't be my last. A local who fishes it regular suggested an area called Snake Island for drifting. I have not tried that area. Any pointers you might be willing to share would be appreciated. The lake appears shallow and some tell me quiet dangerous if wind picks up.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Dean I will get back with you on some additional info.

8. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I guess Crab is my fav haunt. I go to Bogart point or what ever its called. Wolf creek road is where it is. I pull down by the benches and set my stuff out there and sit on the bench and fish. I have only caught one good fish there and it was over there by the road in that hook back. I wish I could boat fish there but I just aint been but one time in a boat and the guy I was with was not a patient man so he moved a lot. I saw a picture of a 65lb flatty that was caught out of there once. I would be happy with a 20 or 30 pounder. well I guess I will holler at yall later.