Crab Orchard Lake report

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bigBB, May 20, 2008.

1. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    Went to Crab Orchard for some camping and fishing end of last week through the weekend with another member on the board, spills, and had a fantastic trip. Of course caught some crappie etc. But i tell you we hooked into more cats then either of us have ever seen in a 3 day span. A local guy turned us on to good areas to go.. and Saturday alone we hooked into about 60 channels and blues ranging in size from 2lbs up to a bit over 8. I just got into targeting cats seriously last year and have never caught a blue before, so to say the least i was pumped to catch my first blue, ended up being the big fish for the weekend.. a bit over 8lbs. Anyway.. just wanted to let you guys know that the bite is strong at crab. attached is a pic of the 8lb blue.. i'll add a few more pics later.

Attached Files:

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC first off. Second thanks for the great report from crab orchard.

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    thanks for the report. glad you guys had a good time.:big_smile:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bryan for the lake update. Crab is a great catfish lake. You will either leave with a smile or with tears.:smile2:

5. Wooly

Wooly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    WTG Sounds like you need to give the local a big thank you.....Like maybe an intro to the BOC.:big_smile:

Wooly

6. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Crab orchard is a really good lake to fish. I have caught numerous bucket fulls of crappie there but when I fished it I was not as big into catfish like I am now so I will have to go back. I drive over the lake everyday for work and I really appreciate the info. I am a bank fisherman for now but got some leads on some boats so when I do I would like to get together with some of you guys and make a trip out of it so when I get my boat this is a formal invite to you guys to come enjoy my boat and the fish. Maybe you can give me some tips in trade lol. Thanks again for being a part of the BOC and for the info.

7. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.

I am gonna hold you to that...