1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    You guys rubbed off on me, and now I'm rubbing off on other people. The general consensus is, if a fish is over nine or ten pounds, put it back. I tend to take it one step further. If a fish is full of eggs, she goes back too. I don't care how big or small she is. My mother-in-law caught a good 4-5lb channel the other day that had a HUGE belly on her (the fish, not ma-in-law). She told me that she agrees with the concept of CPR/CWR and she told Mama Cat to go make some babies so we'd have more fish to catch in the next couple of years. Made me feel good, because if more people would do it, we'd have a bigger population. Thanks again all, for making me aware of it, so that I can share it with the folks directly around me.

Y'all be good. Later.....

2. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Karen and I have made an agreement also, but I had to go up on my number to get her to go down on hers. lol

We set ours at 15. I wanted over 10# to go back, and she wanted over 20#, so we met half way, and ours is set at 15#.

We also agreed that anything at ANY weight, when the freezer is already stocked, will go back. This is just what WE have agreed upon, and I don't expect anyone else to do this. If you keep big fish, so be it. You caught them. :smile2:

I also explained to her that the CCC that we are planning on going to the meeting of, does a lot of conservation, and that some of our catches might be going to be studied, and she immediately liked that idea.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Glad its rubbing off. You know how I feel about CPR. If I can get back to Greenwood I'll be crappie fishing and small ones will be CPRed and the other are coming back to Gaffney.

4. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Yeah, I know how your crappie trips go. Like getting a call asking if I wanted a "few" fish and getting a big ol' basket full. I cussed you until six the next morning when I finally got through cleaning all those suckers.....