cpr?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by skiff1, Nov 11, 2009.

1. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    I see a lot of people saying a lot about cpr and I'm seeing a lot of pics of big fish in there front yard in the bed of trucks even holding fish up in the boat sitting in the yard I just don't understand

2. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC

Yeah Bo, I see that also.... Alot have skeletons in their cooler. :wink: oops I meant skeletons in there closets....:smile2:

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :smile2::smile2: o joy here we go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hookem and cookem lmao W- STACKEM lmao

i kill some and i release some also if i want to keep them i do if i dont want to clean any i dont !!!!!!!!!!!

Id rather kill and clean 1,, 30 lber then kill and clean a bunch of 3 lbers:wink:

4. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    Sounds good to me I was just tring to get a better understanding of cpr but you should try cleaning more 3#ers they taste better

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well if ya hang around long enough you will soon see the norm for cpr is 10 lbs an under is what most people keep to eat and over 10 lbs goes back in the water .

this subject gets very heated at times and all heck breaks lose is why i found it funny is all .

i just seen your a new member so ya probably havnt seen all the hooprah over cpr so i apolagize !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after awhile ive been on both sides of this conflict over cpr , myself I do whatever im in the mood to do day to day :wink::wink: when out fishing .

but your right ive met people that say they are 100 %%% cpr all the way then they go fishing and baaam they say aww heck i will keep it lol dosnt matter to me but i find it funny ... :smile2::smile2:

I feel it all depends on the lake or river system what size would be best to release like it could be 5 lbs and over or a good system go to 20 lbs and over ect ..

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    also welcome to the BOC the greatest catfish site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice to have ya aboard :big_smile::big_smile:

lots of wonderfull people on here to meet and a endless amount of knowledge on the great sport of catfishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    this is a very touchy subject I release all cats over 20lbs and I perfer the 1-5lbs cats for my self but if someone on my boat wants a lilttle bigger cat for a stew or something I let them keep it also some of the fish I catch I bring home to take pics of but I release them at the dock at the house please practice CPR for tommorow

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Daniel if you think you don't understand now go to Local SC talk and read all of CPR Shocker. It will give you something to do and you can see what different people think of this subject. I believe if you are hungry, eat, if you do it for sport, release. If we catch the fish it belongs to you and its up to you to make the right or wrong chose. You alone know why you are keeping the fish; to show off at the expence of the fish's life, or for food to someone in need, etc....In my younger yrs i kept them all, my goodness if someone threw one back. I done made 20 trips and spent $$$$$$$$$$$, these fish are mine to do as i please. Same for deer hunting. With age comes much wisdom:big_smile:

9. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    I have a better understanding now. thanks to you all. I have come to the understanding that some practice cpr and some do it all the time. That's good, I practice cpr should one ask