CPR guys, get the camera ready!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Feb 15, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is for all the guys that respect and cpr their big fish! Now, is a good time to either get batteries stocked up for your digital camera. Or, go buy your throw away cameras. To me this is as essential as tackle. Don't catch yourself unprepared for your first few good trips this year, and be in the situation of trying to maintain that beast until you can get the photos! Been there done that! I now, keep a digital with extra batteries just in case. :wink: rollo

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I have finally got around to figuring out that my digital camera has a timer feature, I'm sure they all do. I now have a tripod in the boat and will no longer have to worry about being able to take pics when fishing alone. The timer on mine is 10 seconds.

There are small tripods at Wally world that are more than sufficient at around $8.00, the larger full size weren't very much either.

No reason now not to have one in the boat!

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Don't worry Rollo, my camera on my cell phone is my back-up.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got a brand new olympus 8mega pixel, 18x optical zoom, and 4 packs of rechargable batteries...I am ready...If I dont have a camera, I wont fish!

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Camera is always ready. I usually have a disposable camera in the tackle box and then just get them devoloped on cd. That way I don't have to worry about the camera getting damaged.

6. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Rollo, I`ll add them batteries on page two of my wishin I was fishinlist. :wink::smile2:

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm gonna try something new this year, video. I'm going to make a tall monopod that will anchor into my front seat pedistal with a digital video camera mount on it. Aim the cam to the rear of the boat and focus it to wide angle so to view all the action, turn the lcd viewfinder to the rear as well so its easy to see if its on. Most come with an infra red remote so the cam dont run all the time. You dont need someone to take pics or videos, or fumble around trying to take a pic by youself. Just hit record when ya hook one up for a battle, get it aboard, hold it up and model it for the cam, and film CPR in action. Then you can edit out some still photos from the video if ya want, or post a video for all to view.
    What do ya think?

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey Barry! I like that idea alot!!!! That sounds really cool. Can't wait to see some of your videos!

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im ready ,lets catch them CPR

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Guess I need to my glass plates out and get them all etched up .... :wink:

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i try to have my camera at all times but if i left it at home and caught a big fish id still let it go.i like showing off my fish but i realy only need the memories to make me happy.

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I have been working on that idea also with my new video camera. Gonna get some video running down the river too, then fishing off the back and hopefully hooking up with a BIG CAT!

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    18X zoom! so thats how you get those fish to look so big.........lol:smile2::smile2::smile2::crazy:

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That reminds me Gary, I saw one of your big fish on a cave wall! lol....:big_smile::tounge_out::wink:

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I just want to let you guys in on a tip about taking cameras and video cameras out on the boat at night or day for that matter lol. Keep them in a plastic zip-lock bag till you are ready to use it. If it starts raining you may forget to put it in the bag if its just a mist, but after an hours worth of mist your camera will be toast. Same goes for a night of fog or dew. It doesn't seem like much sitting in it, but the overall effect of hours in a damp climate will ruin your expensive camera.

16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Keep 'em in the case and also in the dry storage bin until you need them. Agreed, moisture is not good.

17. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I just got a digital camera with rechargeable batteries and a charger. Not the greatest camera but takes good pics for fishing trips.The batteries that you can recharge will save you money in the long run.

18. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    For those of you who have digital cameras without the rechargeable batteries. Don't bother putting in regular batteries. It will eat them up in a flash. You should used Energizer Lithium Ion batteries. Most of the newer cameras though come with the rechargeable type though. I will probably buy a disposable camera like that it won't get damaged.

19. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I carry 2 cameras, 1 digital and 1 throw-away. Always have fresh new batteries for both.

20. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jack, funny you should mention that, I read in an old history book of Ohio cave paintings that Tony would hold the pine pitch torch so Garry could see to paint. lol