CPR guides

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by lforet2002, Aug 18, 2009.

1. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Asked in another thread about guides that CPR'ed but never got much feedback..Was hoping to hear more so here was my quotes from that other thread...

Thoughts??

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    The ones I know personaly CPR. It's there means of making a living. Lets some of their client catch bigger fish occasionally. They do keep some eaters for ya!!

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well most local guides around here CPR. Some dont.. its just a yes and no kinda situation.. I'm with ya Les CPR IS the way to go..:wink:

4. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    We make them throw everything back over fifteen pounds...they know this in advance..

5. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Les the only ones that I have met say everything over 10-15 goes back. I tell people that I carry the same thing but I'm no guide either.

6. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Ok how about this story.Had a place I worked for give me and my co-workers a guided fishing trip out of Biloxi Mississippi..There was 12 of us on the boat plus the captain and 2 deckhands..We caught every thing legally but boy with that many people on the boat we caught a lot of fish..Every ones seen the pictures with the fishing guide signs and the fisherman posing with thousands of fish..Is doing that as bad as a commercial fisherman??I also went on a guided trip in Florida for bass.It was CPR..The guide let us know up front that everything would be released..I know also that some guides are using pontoon boats and taking a lot of people fishing and was wondering how catching a lot of fish like that affects the population..Since payponds and commercial fisherman have been debated here a lot I though I'd spark some debate on guides.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    While that type of guided fishing and taking all the fish will have an affect, it won't be anywhere near commercial fishing in my opinion. All of those people still have to catch their fish legally with the legal rod and reel limits. That is not at all like running gigantic nets or tons of trotlines. It is a lot different trying to pull that 50+ in on a rod and reel than it is to pull it up stuck in a net.

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good post. ! I never researched guides much but I think P.K. (don't know if I can mention the name) is a cpr guide for anything over 10lbs. Now with the net thing Salt water for sure the gulf and chesapeake have taken a beating over the years by commercial fishing . Theese fisheries have also taken a blow by an increased demand for certain species . But......what we have done to our enviorment has also made it hard on water,land and air quality .Just my thoughts.

9. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Maybe not but some states don't have a legal limits or a high limit on some fish so what then???I know in Louisiana the limit is 100 of any combination of catfish species ..So if I take say 5 people out fishing and they all catch a limit thats 500 fish..Thats a lot of fish..Not to mention people doing this for a living everyday..It has to have some negative effect..